Thursday, October 30, 2008

Don't. Drink. The Water.

It's 9:15am here..
Ridiculous hour for me to be awake, but I can't sleep.
I'm excited for tomorrow. (Going to Georgia, I'll post about that later.)
Plus it's fucking freezing.

My fingers aren't getting any warmer, so I figured that I'd write about something that absolutely BLOWS my mind..
And I'm constantly being reminded of it..
There are so many more girls getting pregnant at younger and younger ages.. Is it the cool thing to do?? A new trend maybe?? I say it's fucking ridiculous.

So, I lived in a small city called St. Marys in the state of Pennsylvania, for most of my life..
Throughout my life in High School, I saw countless girls go through the trauma of being pregnant and in school.
I had close friends who went through senior year helpless.. Missing classes, struggling to keep up, things that no one should go through so young.
But hey, that's their choice. And I know that they probably didn't mean for it to happen in the first place.
But that's not what this is about.

THIS entry, is about how, everywhere I look, I see younger and younger girls toting babies around. Wal*Mart, schools, walking around town, they're EVERYWHERE!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What really makes me go WTF is how I hear them say that "I thought that if I got pregnant, he would stay with me.."
!!!!!!!!
That's no lie. I hear it all the time. I feel really bad for them, if they're so blind to the future that they feel the need to get pregnant just to keep a relationship..
Girls, I have news for ya..
It doesn't always work.

I have a few friends who have been in relationships for a long time, and they accidentally got pregnant.. It didn't make it any easier on the relationships, but they pulled through. Want to know their secret?? They knew that they were going to support each other through the ordeal.
Do you know that? No, no. Don't say, "I think." If you have any doubts at all, don't even THINK about it.
And if you're under AT LEAST 18, smack yourself in the face until the urge passes, because girlfriend.. Unless your mama is VERY supportive, or you plan on winning the lottery, there isn't ANY way that you will be able to afford that baby.
And that's just for the baby. Supporting you is a whole different story.
And what about the daddy? Where is he?
8 times out of 10, he's gonna freak and leave you to deal with your baby. Alone.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
THIS^^^^ is horrible. I wonder where he is now that the baby was born..

Advice for you, wait until you're older. That way you can look back and go, "What the hell was I thinking?" without any consequences.

Is it in the water, or am I missing some mutated fertility gene?? I have no idea.
I broke the family curse. All the first born children have been girls, and they have gotten pregnant at 17.
I'm 18 and still goin' strong.
I hope to make something of myself so I can have a good home for the baby when I decide I want one.

So, don't drink the water, kick his good-for-nothing ass to the corner, and keep it an Absolut® world.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

-Brittany

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, as a guy, I can remember the first few girls I got knocked up back in high school. And I gotta say, yeah, it is really a lot like that. Actually though, to be honest, I DON'T remember the first few girls I knocked up. Wow, now it's even more like that.

They say the first dozen or so are the easiest to leave. *sigh* It never really gets any harder though.